- They batted first in the 35 over a side game
- Stan was the man of the moment – 3-17, plus contributed to a sharp run out
- Yes, you read that right, I know those words do not normally appear in the same sentence in that order!
- Spearman’s decided not to catch – off their own, or, each other’s bowling – except for one lapse by Spearman the elder for S’man the younger
- Nigel, a quick learner, opted to take matters in his own hands (seems such a waste of a great pun …) and rearranged the woodwork a couple of times
- One apiece from Spearman (E & Y) & Gokani and another run-out completing the wicket tally
- New boy Nick had a great debut – excellent (and busy) in the field, including 2 catches (also see below)
- Innings closed on 163 All Out in the penultimate ball
Tea ‘service as usual’ with the Return of the Mike – welcome back!
- BPCC innings started off positively with Rob Kerr settling into his openers’ role (37ish and 7 or 8th wicket)
- But little other support except – New boy Nick with a quick fire 22
- Other key events:
o Coxy turning the other cheek to a beamer – the ball did the slapping on this occasion. And an opportunity for a public service broadcast …. Please (re-)consider wearing a helmet guys.
o Last 7 wickets tumbled for a handful of runs
- BPCC 136 All Out in the 30th Over – could and should have been a win.