BPCC vs.South Wales Hunts …
· Them 128 all out – Gorgeous George lived up to this name and took 4-38 with useful contributions from Charlie 2-8 (ish), Spearman snr 2-26 (ish), me 2-38.
· BPCC saw their chance to beat SWH at last! … sadly no one told our batsman and before long the home team was reduced to 22 (ish) for 5 (yes, you read that right) before the captain steadied the ship and played, well, a captain’s innings (43) flamboyantly aided by Charlie B and a boundary strewn 50+.
· Sadly both departed in quick succession to leave the home side requiring around 18 off 10 overs and 2 wickets standing … yours truly came to the crease and promptly hit the last boundary of the game.
· We were still in the hunt (!) but George soon departed to be replaced by Phil the rhino and instructions to play for a draw. A few no-balls and wides followed and the overs continued to dwindle.
· SWH brought back their opening bowler (and ex-Harlequins flanker) who was largely responsible for the early destruction bagging 4 wickets
· Phew! survived his first over.
· 3 overs to go and 7 needed to win.
· Quick single declined. Maiden.
· Penultimate over, star bowler, Rhino facing, peach. Bowled. Lost
· On the upside, great tea from the Spearman family
· Usual standard cake from Mrs Kerr – I think she needs more practice though! Pl send our thanks!